Software Developer, Data Engineer-19001BTS
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Manchester NH, Hanover NH or Seattle WA
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. This person
will assist in expanding our collection of global Internet operation and performance data
sources, and in moving our data repository and data processing services into the Oracle cloud.
The ideal candidate is very familiar with the foundational building blocks of the Internet (BGP,
DNS, TCP/IP, etc.) and is a data wrangler and pipeline builder who enjoys instantiating,
maintaining, monitoring, and processing a variety of real-time data feeds. The Data Engineer
will support our data scientists on analytics initiatives and in maintaining an efficient and
consistent data delivery architecture. The candidate should be self-directed and comfortable
supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right person will be
excited by the prospect of expanding our existing data sources and procuring entirely new ones,
while ensuring their delivery to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Maintain, improve and expand our existing data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Support our efforts to move data collection and processing to the Oracle cloud.
- Work with external parties to expand and maintain our BGP and VM collection infrastructure.
- Work with stakeholders across teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with our data scientists to add new data sources of utility to the company and to improve the coverage and functionality of existing data sources.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with Internet-related data and protocols.
- Systems administration experience in a Linux environment.
- Experience building ‘big data’ sets, pipelines and processing capabilities.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on data sets and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience building processes to support data collection, data transformation, and workload management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g., bash, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience with operating within and moving to a cloud storage and computing environment.
- Experience maintaining Hadoop.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining BGP peering sessions.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.