NOTE: There are 4 openings for this role. Hagerstown, MA is the preferred location but willing to look at possible remote worker talent based on relevant experience.
Seeking a Supplier Quality Development Engineer . Work for our premier client, who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar, company who has won numerous awards including; Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2019 & 2020 World's Most Ethical Companies.
The Supplier Quality Development Engineer will support the supply chain organization and the supply base with the planning and execution of processes designed to improve overall supplier performance (quality, delivery, and cost). This role will interface with individual buyers and category managers, departments and/or segments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Drive the maintenance and implementation of standard work procedures and business processes.
- Identity standard work and process improvement needs.
- Validate supplier capabilities, capacity and quality systems.
- Address short term performance issues through 8D/SCAR and rapid continuous improvement.
- Apply tools from lean principle methodology to drive continuous improvement efforts related to business processes.
- Lead supplier continuous improvement events (CIEs).
- Participate on councils to share project results, present ideas, and solicit feedback to help support individual or team project assignments.
- Lead/participate in launch readiness programs.
- Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance.
- Bachelor’s degree within Engineering or Engineering Technology; with three (3) or more years of experience within in Supply Chain or a related field.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Relevant industry related certifications.
- Supply chain experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
· Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
· 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
· Wellness Program
· 27 days of vacation within 1st year
· Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019 & 2020
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
STS Technical Services places mechanics, engineers, veterans and technical professionals into contract and direct hire positions across the U.S. We work with some of the largest corporate names in the country, and we have hundreds of opportunities for you to explore!
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Hagerstown, MD (Preferred)
- Experience working in heavy equipment manufacturing environment?
- supplier engineer: 3 years (Required)