Candidate will design, plan, and execute the safe, efficient and cost-effective drilling operation for wells. Also will be responsible for working closely with a multidisciplinary team of professionals to arrive at the most feasible and cost effective well designs.
- Conduct operations in accordance with company policy, operating agreements, and all applicable governmental regulations.
- Promote safety and environmental expectations with employees and contractors.
- Provide fit for purpose well design (casing, directional, cement, and mud programs) and drive continuous improvement through innovation to deliver results that align with business unit goals.
- Take a “One Team” approach and collaborate with other disciplines within the Asset Team to develop well plans that ensure drilling activities support broader team goals.
- Maintain detailed drilling procedures in conjunction with field personnel to enhance performance; lead spud meetings with onsite supervisors and contractors to create a common view of success.
- Daily engineering support of ongoing operations through communication with onsite supervisor and superintendent
- Identify positive and negative variances to the drilling plan and engage internal and external technical support to resolve operational challenges, document best practices and implement across the rig fleet.
- Generate cost estimates and track variances for assigned operations.
- Challenge the status quo and embrace a dynamic team environment; be adaptable to change.
- Give and receive feedback, take accountability for deadlines and quality deliverables.
- Monitor KPIs and provide meaningful input in quarterly, contractor business reviews.
- Establish and ensure meaningful working relationships with contractors and regulatory personnel.
- Assist in regulatory permitting process while keeping informed of applicable governmental regulations and ensure compliance within area of responsibility.
- Communicate technical issues and can act as a company representative at industry technical forums and in dealings with business partners.
- Maintain and drive business ethics across the organization.
Candidate will be expected to spend 80% of his work time in the Houston Office and 20% in the Field.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any US employer.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of drilling engineering experience of operations in various environments.
- Majority of experience in the Permian and/or Oklahoma resource basins
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $78.00 - $81.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance