At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Assists in the design and installation of quality control process sampling systems, procedures, and statistical techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Front line liaison to production supervisor(s) and staff in executing troubleshooting, root cause analysis and implementing corrective action on issues affecting production.
- Maintains the entire manufacturing quality system for the specific product group.
- Actively involved in design reviews as well as identifying significant and critical feature characteristics on blue prints.
- Responsible for coordination of quality aspects for new product development including but not limited to on-site start-ups and tool and vendor certifications. •Ensures quality standards are met by all outside vendors, etc..
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment. •Assists in the specification of inspection, testing mechanisms and equipment. •Establishes and documents critical assembly component criteria and supporting process control information.
- Develops and maintains in-line inspection criteria for critical assembly attributes as well as informational feedback systems from rolling road/finished goods test station.
- Analyzes production limitations and standards, recommends revisions of specifications when indicated.
- Assists in the formulation of quality control policies and procedures.
- Assists in the planning of quality control engineering assignments. Coordinates work flow and may supervise lower level engineers and technicians assigned to projects.
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications. •Evaluates progress and results, recommends changes in procedures or objectives.
- Develops and implements quality control training programs in conjunction with Human Resources Department.
- Operates within approved budget.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly work area.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 3 years previous quality control engineering experience preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE:
PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.