Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical and Rotating Equipment Maintenance Engineer to be based at our Niagara Falls, NY location and will have Regional support responsibility. This position will report to the Regional Reliability Center Manager at the same location.
The Maintenance Engineer ensures safe and reliable operation of mechanical systems for Linde’s facilities at the lowest life cycle cost. This role will be responsible for ensuring Linde’s maintenance and reliability program is executed in a safe, efficient, and high quality manner. The successful candidate will also be expected to identify, develop, and implement innovative solutions to mechanical system/asset issues. This person will also be expected to respond to unplanned events, work independently, and make technical decisions and recommendations.
- Primary technical resource for maintenance of
- Rotating equipment such as compressors, turbines, blowers, pumps and associated gearbox and gearing systems.
- Fixed equipment such as heat exchangers, coolers and cold boxes.
- Auxiliary systems such as chillers, cooling towers and water treatment systems.
- Lead predictive maintenance programs - such as vibration analysis and oil analysis - and ensure timely resolution of all identified issues.
- Lead or assist in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) activities as needed.
- Identify and resolve chronic mechanical asset concerns (bad actors)
- Develop and execute small (< $100k) expense/capital projects for reliability improvement.
- Assist in resolution planning for long-term mechanical asset concerns (reliability threats).
- Assess equipment performance data and identify and lead activities to ensure optimal reliability and efficient performance.
- Assist in cost estimation of corrective-maintenance, preventive-maintenance and/or projects.
- Assist in turnaround planning and execution.
- Utilize Six Sigma methodologies for continuous improvement of Reliability.
- Lead resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires approximately 30% travel domestically. Accessibility during off-hours (laptop and cell phone) is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the maintenance of mechanical and rotating systems and equipment in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience in installation, troubleshooting, inspection and repairs of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment such as Compressors, Turbines, Blowers and Heat Exchangers.
- Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance of industrial mechanical and rotating systems and equipment.
- Proven ability to use all precision measuring devices and perform precision alignment on multi-train equipment.
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on teams.
- Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks, achieves results with minimal supervision and possesses excellent documentation and record-keeping skills.
- Proven experience in computers and standard software packages (MS Office, E-Mail etc.).
- Proven experience in computerized maintenance management systems.
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes.
- Successful completion of a 4-year machinist/ millwright apprenticeship program.
- Proven hands-on experience in vibration analysis and dynamic balancing.
- Proven experience in EAM CMMS system.
- Proven familiarity with standard reliability and maintenance strategies such as planning, PM programs, PdM programs and spare parts inventory management.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Primary Location New York-Niagara Falls
Unposting Date Ongoing
Job Type: Full-time