Junior Middleware Administrator / Engineer(Web/Application)
Facilities Systems Branch (FSB), Marine Corps InformationTechnology Center (MCITC) – Kansas City 2306 East Bannister Road,Kansas City, Missouri 64131
Contingent on Contract Award
Active Secret Clearance Required
The FSB Junior Middleware Administrator is responsible forsupport, management, and optimization of Middleware Systems with oversight andguidance from FSB Middleware Administrators / Engineers for respectiveMiddleware Systems and Technologies, to include but not limited to IBMWebSphere, IIS, Apache, and other COTS and GOTS software solutions.
- Maintainup-to-date knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Implementbest practices for systems over which this position has been designatedresponsible, following guidance provided by FSB Middleware Administrators andEngineers.
- Providesreporting for systems over which this position has been designated responsible.
- Performsinitial troubleshooting and routine support for FSB Middleware Systems.
- Carriesout defined tasks as established by FSB Middleware Administrators andEngineers.
- Software and systems support in analyzing,troubleshooting, testing and making recommendations related to systemsenvironment.
- Atthe Junior Middleware Administrator level, required experience for the positionare: relevant education, training, or professional experience with therequisite Middleware Systems or Technologies utilized by FSB.
- Middleware Systems and Technologiesutilized by FSB:
o Internet Information Services (IIS)
o IBM WebSphere
o Operating Systems (Red HatEnterprise Linux / Windows Server)
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
BS in ComputerScience, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study plus (4) years ofexperience.
Familiarity ofLinux or Unix/AIX.
Experience withMiddleware support (MQ Series, IBM BPM, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, IIS, WebSphere,Weblogic,etc.)
Cask is a leading Management Consultingfirm specializing in delivering business and technical expertise to clientsacross commercial and government markets. Join the many happy employees atCask! We have been named a top 5 firm to work for by Consulting Magazine for 5of the past 6 years.
Cask is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, status as aprotected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual witha disability.