Purpose of Position:
Performs engineering work related to design of products and other mechanically functioning equipment, including concept, models, drawings, strength and performance analysis selection of components and testing/validation of designs.
General Job Requirements:
The employee will develop designs to meet safety, quality and efficiency standards of Tadano Mantis Corporation and its customers utilizing 3D solid modeling, SolidWorks and other programs. Will work collaboratively with engineering and manufacturing to complete on-time assignments associated with research, design or development of specific parts, components or phases of an engineering project. The employee must exhibit acceptable interpersonal skills and the continuous ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Develops designs to meet all safety, quality and efficiency standards of Tadano Mantis Corporation and its customers.
- On-time completion of engineering assignments associates with research, design or development and manufacturer specific parts, components or phases of an engineering project.
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to drawings and engineering design.
- Provides support of new designs and design changes through production.
- Translates technical guidance received from supervisor into useable engineering data applicable to the particular assignment.
- Works collaboratively with department to evaluate, propose and document original solutions to complex problems.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required by management.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years’ experience preferred in product design, preferably heavy equipment, construction equipment, agricultural equipment or related industry.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling, including complex assemblies and drawings. SolidWorks preferred.
- Understanding of implications of manufacturing processes on design requirements.
- Familiarity with standard fabrication, welding and machining practices.
- Proficient in mechanical engineering principles and design requirements of welded steel structures and mechanical systems.
- Ability to make progress by completing tasks and deliverables in a multi-tasking environment and complete concurrent assignments on time.
- Ability to work collaborative with engineering and manufacturing and accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.
Job Type: Full-time
- related engineering: 1 year (Required)
- SolidWorks: 2 years (Required)
- Mechanical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)