(Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical, Civil, Engineering Mgmt.)
USG’s Project Engineer position is an entry-level assignment. It is a ‘hands-on' training assignment within a plant environment with immediate responsibility, including "troubleshooting" plant engineering or production problems, researching and utilizing opportunities to enhance operations, and implementing capital expenditures programs for new or modernized facilities and equipment.
Additionally, Project Engineers sometimes serve as supervisors, which provides firsthand experience in managing employees. This position is designed to provide the incumbent with broad manufacturing exposure for positions of greater responsibility.
Project Engineers can move into future positions such as plant department managers, subsidiary staff engineers, production engineers and technical service engineers. Opportunities for growth can also emerge in other areas – such as marketing, research and general management. Future assignments will likely involve relocation to other plant locations.
Project Engineers report to plant production or engineering managers.
We will have full time opportunities throughout our 40+ manufacturing locations across U.S.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists in the monitoring and execution of the plant safety program.
· Prepares and follows to completion all assigned capital authorities and job sheet requests. Trains external contractors on plant safety procedures. Supervises external contractors on the completion of work.
· Utilizes technical training to advise and design various engineering solutions as required by reliability and operating departments.
· Assists department managers with various facility preparation and planning efforts to support daily operations. Completes administrative tasks as needed for the position.
· Works with existing project engineers and other plant personnel to administer plant policies and support plant and facility maintenance and operating departments in planning and implementing major routine, non-routine, and infrastructure expenditures.
· Qualified candidates will have attained a bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Industrial and/or Engineering Management.
· 1 – 2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
· Applicants must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future.
· Minimum GPA of 2.75 required.
· Graduation Date: May, 2022
USG is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,000.00 - $72,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Must have Engineering Degree
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location