Become part of the Parlec/Techniks team!!!
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for creating manufacturing machining processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; develops improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Supports Parlec key initiatives that involve the development and implementation of new manufacturing process technology. This includes, but is not limited to, machine tools, tooling, fixturing, programming software, and gauging.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create process improvements for reducing costs thru efficiencies, cutting strategies and tooling.
- Design, development, and/or improvement of tools, equipment, and/or the manufacturing processes for an assigned area.
- Create programs for our mill/turn machines that utilize the machines capabilities, are repeatable and have minimum “prove out” time.
- Provide technical assistance and training for specific plant operations
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems to maintain the continuity of production flow.
- Design manufacturing processes within schedule and budget parameters.
- Develop and debug new methods and procedures
- Support the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) for new processes. Major activities involved with APQP's are listed below, but are not restricted to the following:
o "Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA)
o Interfacing with QA Engineering
o Interfacing with Product Management
o Defining perishable tooling requirements
o CNC Programming
o Setup Sheets/Work Instructions
o Bills of Materials
o Parts Drawings
o Parts marking/identification
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or equivalent experience - 5+ years’ experience with tooling, programming and fixture development and CNC machining.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to program CNC Milling and Turing centers using MasterCam
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing, CNC machining, and tooling processes
- High level of analytical and problem-solving ability where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
- Must be able to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Good verbal and written technical communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skill to work effectively with others.
- Ability to provide leadership for Cross Functional Teams
- Ability to create engineering drawings in Inventor CAD software
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift