Poseidon Systems provides machinery condition monitoring systems that allow for remote monitoring and early detection of equipment degradation. We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with prior experience in data analysis to assist our customers understand the health and status of their critical machines. This position will be based in our Victor (Rochester), NY location. This is position requires a mix of skills including mechanical understanding, data analysis and interpretation, and customer support.
The Mechanical Engineer (Engineer) will support multiple key customer accounts providing machine data analysis and interpretation to address customer needs. Engineer will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of data from sensing systems which are evaluated for use in health management applications. Daily responsibilities will include activities such as preparing periodic data analysis reports, regular communications with the customer, evaluating and interpreting sensor data and field observations, and recommending maintenance actions. A good understanding of mechanical and machine basics will be required to provide practical effective feedback to our customers. The Engineer will also develop new data analysis and interpretation methods based on customer needs.
The Engineer will collaborate with Sales, Engineering, and Manufacturing staff to ensure all customer needs are met in a timely manner.
Applicants should be driven by a commitment to excellence and a customer-first mentality. A background in condition monitoring technologies and machinery maintenance is highly desired.
The Mechanical Engineer will be integrally involved in supporting Poseidon’s products and clients. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Support of monitoring customers, including
- Generation of data analysis reports
- Review and interpretation of sensor data and field observations
- Routine correspondence with customer
- Support system/sensor troubleshooting
Build knowledge base and develop new processing methods. Support in-depth analyses of developing faults. Capture and catalog "ground truth" information on observed faults. Develop data interpretation methods to identify specific failure modes. Support engineering team: As required, support the engineering team in other product development, data analysis, or application engineering needs.
- BS or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Understanding of mechanical machinery failure modes and how to diagnose (e.g. gear / bearing wear, misalignment, fatigue, etc)
- Proficient in data analysis tools such as MATLAB and/or Python
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write deliverable for external customers, including reports, presentations
- Ability to travel up to 10% of your time (on-site customer support may be periodically required)
- Reliable, highly motivated and resourceful
- Background in machinery failure analysis and condition monitoring methods
Poseidon Systems designs and produces sensing, data acquisition, and data analysis solutions to enable condition-based maintenance of industrial equipment (e.g. gearboxes, engines, pumps, compressors). These technologies are used to predict equipment failure, detect abnormal operating conditions, reduce maintenance costs, and increase uptime of our customers’ assets. For more information, please visit www.poseidonsys.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victor, NY: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- What interests you about this position and what do you believe sets you apart from other applicants?
Work Location: One location