SAIC is seeking a Junior Industrial Engineer to join our growing FAA team.
Ideal candidate will be Lean Six Sigma certified, with business process re-engineering and continuous process improvement experience.
- Develop, monitor and report organizational metrics for BPR including (but not limited to) requirements gathering, data extraction / transformation, effectively displaying visual information, alignment with organizational strategic initiatives, and automating reports and/or processes.
- Monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics, and recommend/execute change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements.
- Research best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data. Leverage / benchmark best practice strategies and drive consistencies across the organization when applicable. Leverage best practices gained through process improvement activities to other activities which would benefit from implementation.
- Obtain quantitative and qualitative data of processes to analyze, determine, and promote data driven decisions. Collaborate with functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets.
- Assist functional managers in mapping and documenting complex business processes. Interact with executives and senior management on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Provide project management support for FAA initiatives. The IE will work with each project team lead to develop detailed project schedules and track progress. The IE will notify project team lead and FAA managers of potential project slippage and other project related issues and help coordinate remedies.
Preferred background in ISO 9001-2015 and Quality Management Systems. Will be playing a major role in helping FAA review division-wide process changes and implement ISO requirements in the organization. Will also be working with other service offices to build consensus on process changes.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and relevant experience.
- Ability to conduct detailed data analysis on process performance to identify systemic organizational issues and develop Business Process Re-engineering / Continuous Process Improvement project proposals to resolve the issues.
- Ability to form and lead multiple cross functional teams of managers, executives and contractors to initiate and complete organization wide projects. Ability to manage conflicting interests of stakeholders and develop effective solutions; interpersonal skills will be critical.
- Must have strong organizational and scheduling skills, with particular attention to detail. Independently plan time. Identify, plan, and organize available resources to accomplish projects/programs/activities.
- Make optimal use of resources to complete activities within established schedules. Ability to effectively communicate (via oral, written reports and presentations) with a wide range of audience including Senior Executives, Managers and FAA employees.
- Demonstrate considerable independence in planning time and helping a manager, project manager, and/or team leader to plan and use assigned resources to accomplish projects/programs/activities.
- Resolve most problems and work issues without the assistance of a team lead, manager, or director.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint). Familiarity with National Airspace System (NAS).
- Ability to travel may be required.
US Citizenship and residency required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability