Sr Information Security Engineer
Charlotte, NC, Remote/Home Based
Job Summary and Description:
- Assist the management of Information Security and when assigned, take the lead in the development, implementation, verification and enforcement of security policies and guidelines.
- Lead as assigned the development and maintenance of documentation that details our security environment, including but not limited to device build documents, policy documentation, topology diagrams, technical standards, operational procedures and troubleshooting how to's.
- Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities and attacks within the EPRI computing environment.
- Research, design, and lead implementation of new methods and technologies that may be applicable to securing EPRI while meeting applicable security policies and standards
- Research new threats, attacks and vulnerabilities that may affect the EPRI computing environment to learn how to identify and react to them.
- Assists in responding to audits, in the remediation of findings and validation of remediation from various testing and assessments.
- Install and configure new computer security packages.
- Install, update and configure security devices and other hardware used in the protection of EPRI computing environment.
- Assist the management of Information Security in technical support issues, investigations and risk assessment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve security related computer or network problems.
- Respond to end users request involving security related computing or networking problems.
- Consult with end users regarding their secure computing needs, making recommendations for new products and solutions.
- Lead as assigned other technical resources within Information Technology services and resources across the sectors at EPRI to ensure security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware and software solutions.
- Continue to be educated on new and emerging security risks and technologies that effect EPRI's computing environment.
- Assist in the development of new security architectures.
- Co-ordinate EPRI’s endpoint protection and participate in any required incident response.
- Mobile device security support.
- Perform penetration assessments against web applications produced, managed, or related to EPRI.
- Assume leadership role over assigned projects.
- Assist in the development of the Information Security team through direct mentorship of junior technical resources.
- Review applications in accordance with OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired.
- 6-12 year’s technical experience in related fields (information security, computers, telecom, networking, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of the Windows operating systems (Workstation & Server).
- Strong knowledge of other OSs (Apple, UNIX, Linux).
- Working knowledge of various security tools such as EPP, EDR, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, application assessment, etc.
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and Soc operations
- Working knowledge of forensic toolkits and virus/malware response.
- Working knowledge of at least 3 for the following scripting languages: a) Python, b) Perl, c) Linux/Unix Shell script, d) Java, e) PowerShell or f) C.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and related Internet and network protocols.
- Strong knowledge of firewalls, IPS, IDS, HIPS, VPN, TLS/SSL, terminal servers, RAS and DNS.
- Strong knowledge of PCAP analyzation for troubleshooting and traffic identification.
- Knowledge of various network switches, routers, hubs, etc.
- Expert knowledge of browsers and exploit methods.
Skills and Attributes:
- Motivated self-starter
- Committed to continuous education through formal and informal professional development
- Operates with discretion and confidentiality as appropriate
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Functions well in a team environment
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
Job Type: Full-time