Every company has a story. Ours started by observing untapped space on the walls of our homes…and then turned into something so, so much bigger.
Having borne witness to “digital” reshaping every facet of our lives, we marvel at the possibilities and have dedicated years to the pursuit of a visual and auditory experience that goes way beyond our smart phones, tablets, and TVs. Since the invention of the motion picture, no one has created such captivating ways to enjoy content from an entirely different perspective… until now.
We’re the inventors of a new way for customers at home to experience digital stuff, and for brands at large to display their digital stuff (in really large format). What’s behind the transformative experiences we create through imagery you ask? It’s our technology platform.
At VIDERI, we build ground-breaking hardware, write state-of-the-art software, and curate (and create) something-for-everyone content. We’re changing the walls of places where we work, play, eat, shop, relax, and live.
Literally, and figuratively. It’s often said that products that challenge the status quo need to be seen to be believed. This is worth seeing.
About the role
We are looking for Developers for our Montreal team that are excited about tackling challenges head on and fearless about creating new technologies. As Videri’s main development center, all software developers will work on components ranging from the presentation layer, through the cloud backend, database and firmware levels. You’ll be working with the best and in a brand-new technology space.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and maintain cutting edge new backend technology using Agile and TDD methodology;
- Analyze and troubleshoot code, correct errors as required;
- Develop unit, regression and integration testing;
- Contribute to global Architecture and system design;
- Work with the product management team to help define new product features;
- Provide engineering support to operations as required;
- Follow industry standard applications development techniques and practices;
- Create accompanying documentation to software code;
- Participate in development meetings and provide status reports;
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as Senior Backend Developer.
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails;
- Experience with a frontend framework like Angular JS or EmberJS is a plus;
- Experience with Docker and CD/CI toolchains as well as familiarity with DevOps who will be your key partners in this role.
- Experience with:
- continuous delivery/continuous integration.
- SQL and NonSQL databases.
- Cloud services/providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- vertical and horizontal scalability.
- high resiliency / high availability.
- Microservice Architecture.
- Monolithical Architecture.
- Python, Golang, NodeJS, a plus
- This position requires a solution-focused thinker who can proactively communicate and lead in creative business and technical discussions;
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment while maintaining attention to detail;
- Proactive attitude;
- Team player and ability to work individually;
- Strong verbal and written communication and negociation skills in both English and French, both spoken and written.
- Able to work in a diversified environment;
- Fast learner
- Great mentorship and start-up company culture
- Fun office space located near Metro Charlevoix and near the Lachine canal; our offices are open planned with large windows in Montreal’s biggest brick building
- Fun team building events throughout the year
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Kitchen always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
If this speaks to you, please apply. Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Backend Developer: 4 years (Required)