About the Company
Radius Aerospace – Hot Springs has an immediate opening for an experienced Tool Design Engineer. We are a rapidly growing aerospace company involved in manufacturing bonded structural aircraft components for the commercial, military and general aviation industry. If you are looking for a challenging job opportunity, we invite you to apply for this position.
Radius Aerospace– Hot Springs is a leading manufacturer of sheet metal parts and assemblies used in the aviation industry. We utilize a wide range of metal forming techniques and special manufacturing processes, servicing the commercial, military, regional jet, helicopter and general aviation markets.
Our core capabilities include:
- Assembly Fabrication
- Aluminum Forming
- Titanium SPF and Hot Forming
- Aluminum and Titanium Chemical Milling
- Metal Processing
We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. The work environment is fast-paced and high-energy. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes 401K, matching 401k, stock ownership plans, dental insurance, medical insurance, disability benefits, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, casual dress, paid company holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
About the Opportunity
Responsible for the conception and design of dies, fixtures, and templates as required to support manufacturing efforts.
- Design tooling that meets customer specifications and produces a blueprint part.
- Maintain digital/electronic data.
- Obtain quotes from vendors and assist Supply Chain on selection and management of selected supplier.
- Support manufacturing and other departments as an internal customer.
- Perform cost analysis and tradeoff improvement studies.
- Create tool models, drawings, and detail drawings.
- Generate tooling work orders.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, qualifications, competencies, abilities and any physical demands if required. Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential requirements of this job. Aerospace experience preferred.
- Experience in the design, development and application of tools and production methods related to Alum Hydro Forming, Stretch Forming, Hot Forming, Superplastic Forming, Assemblies, and Machining, preferred.
- Familiarity with sheet metal fabrication, machining, forming and assembly
- Ability to manage numerous projects and meet deadlines as required
- Ability to work independently and a good memory for detail
- Strong analytical and communication skills and meticulous work habits
- Ability to work with suppliers for tooling requirements based on Quality, Cost, and Delivery.
- Overtime and weekend work as needed to support the Customer
- Read and understand internal procedures and policies
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the outlined experience level, education, training, minimum years of experience, product or industry knowledge plus any certifications in order to be considered.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
- BS degree in Engineering; and/or related experience in job function and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Up to Three years’ experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Strong CAD/CAE skills, Catia preferred
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience preferred
- Knowledge of aerospace company specifications and practices
- Technical writing skills preferred
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to effectively communicate.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Working conditions are: 75% office environment,2 5% manufacturing environment.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- Minimal travel required.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in all manufacturing areas.
- Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.