GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking a skilled engineer. This position is for a Process Engineer to support PVD processing). The Process Engineer Intern position reports directly to a functional area module manager in Fab8 in Malta, NY . The primary responsibilities of this position are to conduct equipment evaluations with major semiconductor vendors, define initial tooling needs for start-up, develop and/or optimize unit processes in order to meet the overall technology roadmap and device performance requirements for 28nm technology node and beyond.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Continue to improve process robustness for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem solving skills. Use lean manufacturing and six sigma processes
Participate in troubleshooting taskforces as need and help develop solutions that prevent recurrence
Support Integration team and Quality organization to ensure technology meet the qualification and reliability requirements.
Support process and technology transfer from customers and other GLOBALFOUNDRIES fabs to Fab8
Support the efforts of the internal technology development team
Participate in the evaluation of toolsets, and defining best tools for Fab 8 ramp-up.
Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Enrolled in a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required.
- M S degree in Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required.
- Minimum of 0-1 years of experience with design of experiment techniques and data analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Willing to relocate to Malta NY.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.