EASTPOINT is growing – a group of leading engineers and architects who are experts on the interaction between infrastructure, energy, and the environment. We think long-term, through the entire life-cycle of our projects, from planning to implementation and operation and maintenance, and we’ve built an award-winning team in Atlantic Canada. Operating from our Halifax, NS office, we are an employee owned firm offering a full range of services including civil, municipal, marine, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering and architecture.
EASTPOINT is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer for our Halifax office. Reporting to the VP, Civil/Municipal Engineering, you will be an integral part of our engineering team, developing and implementing technical solutions in both the office and field. You will participate in all project phases, from proposal preparation, feasibility assessment and detailed design, through to tendering, construction and commissioning. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, highly organized, be detail orientated, a self-starter and be proficient in research, document review, organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professionals including technicians, engineers, sub-consultants, contractors and clients.
· Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering from an accredited university.
· 10-15 years’ applicable experience in the consulting sector.
· Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers Nova Scotia or able to obtain registration within six (6) months.
· Working knowledge of civil engineering software such as Civil 3D, PCSWMM, and WaterCAD or other industry programs is considered an asset.
· Strong experience in the design and construction of civil infrastructure including earthworks, site layout, grading/drainage, municipal roads, sidewalks, parking lots, subdivisions, watermains, sanitary sewers, storm sewers and culverts.
· Strong experience in quantity estimates/cost estimating and preparation of specifications and construction documentation.
· Experience in Project Management including budgets, schedules, safety and quality and managing teams, deliverables and clients in civil engineering and multi-disciplined projects.
· Provide mentoring and technical support to junior staff members.
· Conduct business development activities such as responding to proposals, attending conferences, and maintaining working relationships with clients.
· Superior writing skills in the development of proposals and technical reports is required.
· This role can require short term (1-5 days) travel assignments throughout Canada.
· Candidates must be able to obtain a minimum of Reliability status through CISD within six (6) months. CISD Reliability Status can usually be easily obtained provided the employee has lived in Canada for more than 10 years and does not have any criminal record. This is a requirement for a large majority of our work and thus for employment.
Salaries very competitive and are based on experience and value to the team.
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Disability insurance
- Vision care
- Extended health care
Reference ID: Senior Civil Engineer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Civil Engineering: 9 years (Required)