Sustaining Engineer – Saskatoon, SK
Vecima (TSX: VCM) is a global leader focused on developing integrated hardware and scalable software solutions for broadband access, content delivery and telematics. We enable the world’s leading innovators to advance, connect, entertain, and analyze. We build technologies that transform content delivery and storage, enable high-capacity broadband network access, and streamline data analytics. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent.
Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
Vecima is seeking a Sustaining Engineer who will provide technical and sustaining engineering support in a manufacturing area. Recommends and implements equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products. Complete trend and yield analysis using statistical process control (SPC) on data collected during the Manufacturing process. Using this data work with stakeholders to develop and implement appropriate solutions to any problems identified. Create and execute test plans for qualifying components to be used with Vecima products.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Provide DFM and DFT feedback to the Product and Process development teams during product development
- Provide advanced technical support to identify the root cause of failure modes which impact production
- Support the creation of business cases justifying the investment required to address the root causes of problems encountered in Production
- Request and drive ECOs and PCOs needed to address product or process non-conformities
- Implement changes to production processes which are driven by PCOs and ECOs
- Provide support to the Component Group to qualify brokered and alternate components on Vecima products
- Create and execute test plans verifying that accessories proposed by stakeholders will function with Vecima products
- Monitor production metrics for any indications of problems and escalate to stakeholders when necessary
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to identify cost reduction opportunities in both products and processes and support implementation of these where the ROI makes sense to do so
- Support the development of production documentation during the NPI Phase of a project and maintain that documentation after the product transitions to a production phase
- Provide technical product training to production staff
- 5 years, minimum, relevant experience in the Electronics manufacturing field
- 2 years, minimum, prior experience with process mapping
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with data networking including knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, port mapping, VPNs and tunneling
- Experience and facility with network and computer security practices
- Experience with Linux, MS Windows operating systems and near Real-Time systems
- Knowledge of software development processes and testing
- Experience with troubleshooting RF and High-Speed Digital PCBAs and systems
- Knowledge of process automation would be an asset
- Working knowledge of PCB manufacturing practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of PCB and schematic design tools
- Strong knowledge of interconnect and electronic assembly applications and technologies including soldering, press-fit, and rework with knowledge of IPC standards
- Experience with mechanical packaging associated with electronics modules
- Ability to work with cross-functional groups to brainstorm improvement ideas
- Ability to understand the appropriate level of cost/benefit analysis required for any engineering related change being proposed.
- Knowledge and experience of the design, analysis, integration and/or test of PCBAs and systems
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills, initiative, superior problem-solving skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to learn and adapt
- Deadline oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
Vecima has a competitive compensation and benefits package and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as a Sustaining Engineer, we want to hear from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Electronics Manufacturing: 2 years (preferred)