AV3, Inc. is a small, Native American and Veteran owned Audiovisual (AV) Systems Integration company headquartered in Southern Maryland. We've earned a reputation as a premiere AV integration and installation provider serving the Intelligence and Defense communities, Maryland Public School System, and diversified, worldwide commercial customers.
WWe are excited to recruit for new talent to join our growing and innovative team to serve as a lead Engineer supporting A/V design requirements. The Senior Design Engineer works closely with the Design Engineering Manager by planning for, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing AV engineering projects.
The responsibilities of this role may include:
- Analyzes engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors such as size, shape and arrangement of equipment
- Provides system engineering and solution-based architecture for commercial and military applications
- Contributes to the designs of new products and improvements to existing products
- Ensures equipment is procured timely and meets the specifications of the projects
- Researches and evaluates products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability
- Plans, formulates, organizes and assigns personnel according to project requirements
- Reviews designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Develops implementation schedules, test plans, and training programs
- Schedules and resolves engineering design and test problems
- Directs the integration of products and equipment
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications and drawing releases
- Informs team of the progress of projects
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to assist in the development of audio-visual designs
- Performs all other duties as assigned
To qualify for this position, you must possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Engineering program or related technical discipline and 7 years' relevant AV design experience. A Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification is required and a CTS-I or CTS-D is preferred.
An active DoD TS/SCI clearance is required including the ability to obtain YW and CI Poly.
Additional qualifications include:
- Proficient working Codecs (Polycom and CISCO), control systems (AMX, Extron and Crestron), Audio video matrix switchers (Crestron, Extron, and AMX), and Digital Signal Processors (ClearOne, Extron and Biamp)
- Proficient in decision making, multitasking, and time management
- Possess a basic understanding of IP addresses and subnet
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with customers, end-users, and other trades
- Operating knowledge of all MS Office products
- Ability to follow and revise advanced flow diagrams
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to travel to various CONUS and OCONUS locations as required
What sets AV3, Inc. apart?
Founded in 2006, AV3 quickly established a reputation of exceeding customer expectations and remains a leading, cutting edge AV and multimedia systems organization. We set our standards high! From rapid response to customer requests, to in-house systems configuration and onsite installation, through maintenance; the dedication and expertise of our experienced workforce sets us apart.
Our approach is simple – we invest in our employees who in turn provide turnkey products and support to our customers. If you are eager to advance in an employee first organization that is eager to grow alongside you, AV3 Inc. is your employer of choice.
For all regular, full time employees, we offer:
- Employer shared Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Paid Leave
- Eleven (11) Paid Holidays
- Work-life Balance; and an
- Awesome and Rewarding Culture!
AV3, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. We participate in E-Verify.