- BA degree in Technical Writing, English, Linguistics, or a related field
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and learn in-house user-interface tools
- Experience developing web content and using XML, markdown, or HTML
- 3+ years of experience in language technology or technical writing roles
- Native level fluency in English
Amazon is seeking an Editor to join our Alexa Data Services (ADS) organization. This role focuses on creating and updating Conventions (i.e., instructions for data labelling) according to inputs from internal Amazon customers and feedback from Operations stakeholders.
You will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of editors and PMs to produce data processing documentation for a cross-functional environment. The Conventions team plays a vital role in getting our Language Data Analysts trained quickly and making sure that the details of our processing standards are clearly described and easy to understand.
The ideal candidate has the ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation, excellent communication skills, as well as a technical and linguistic aptitude that enables effective interaction with Data Analysts, AI modelers, and Language Engineers.
- Produce high-quality guidelines for language data processing
- Independently follow designs and procedures to develop and deliver conceptual and how-to web content
- Make suggestions for updating or improving our web content standards
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, voice, and form
- Follow existing content maintenance and support mechanisms
- Help define writing projects and determine priorities
- Work on an exploratory project, such as an interactive tutorial, a Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), or your own great ideas
Additional Responsibilities may include
- Building a thorough understanding of labeling conventions and provide support to global sites
- Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve data output
- Providing quality expertise to other team members and coaching improvements
- Localizing established guidelines from English into another language
- MA degree in Technical Writing, Linguistics or equivalent practical experience
- Strong language data analysis skills
- Practical skills in Content Management Systems, such as MadCap Flare, DITA, SharePoint, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Independent, proactive, and self-motivated with record in timely delivery of requests