VISKASE COMPANIES, INC
SUMMARY: To plan, lead, organize, and control maintenance of building, grounds, and equipment and operation of all general utilities for maximum efficiency at minimum cost in accordance with corporate policies and health, safety and environmental regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but is not limited to the following:
- Manage general maintenance of production process (CEDA) and all other maintenance service for building, grounds, and equipment.
- Manage maintenance problems, and special technical problems associated with production and other plant areas.
- Utilize (interview, train, motivate, direct, etc.) employees to their maximum potential with regard to their personal well being (job satisfaction, safety, morale, etc.)
- Maintain and manage maintenance budget and explain variances.
- Effectively delegate any maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Coordinate scheduling of personnel in accordance with work orders and other necessary assignments.
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Optimize equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Resolve inter-department conflicts over personnel scheduling and other work-related matters.
- Review personnel problems and recommend corrective action to plant and division management.
- Coordinate responsibility of all emergency maintenance on building and equipment.
- Maintain utilities operations, general maintenance, and engineering maintenance functions in accordance with corporate policies and health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Participate and assist other in the Operations Improvement Program and other necessary programs.
- Maintain plant storeroom of parts, tools, and all other operating and maintenance supplies.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Plant Engineer
- Adhere to all local and corporate safety policies. Promote department and overall plant safety objectives.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Adhere to the ISO9001 standards to continually improve products and service to consistently
meet customer requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology
- Proficient in MS Office products
Minimum 5 years of manufacturing facilities / equipment related experience and must have proven ability to combine theoretical training with practical experience in a ‘hands-on’ environment.
- Familiar with AutoCAD
- Candidate should have electrical/PLC programming experience or its equivalence.
- Strong knowledge in Maintenance and Reliability
- Should have business administration knowledge.
- Strong knowledge/experience managing maintenance through CMMS (
- Computerized Maintenance Personagement system)
- Previous electrical and mechanical experience is a must for this position.
- Must have effective human relations skills to work through people to accomplish tasks.
- Human relation skills of firmness, fairness, and sensitivity in dealing with people and in resolving work related problems.
- Ability to recognize and to deal with first hand problems is also a must for this position.
- Programming and interfacing of VFD’s (A-B, ABB, Yaskawa, Parker) with other peripheral devices.
Must be able to stand, walk and climb stairs. Able to work in hot or cold environments.
To perform this job successfully, employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Good attendance record, adherence to company policies and procedures, and satisfactory job performance are required to retain position and/or employment. Candidate must be able to work overtime either before or after normal starting times and on weekends.
Related keywords: maintenance manager, maintenance supervisor, maintenance, facilities manager, manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Osceola, AR 72370 (Required)
- Are you looking for opportunity for advancement?
- Supervising Experience: 5 years (Required)
- Maintenance: 8 years (Required)
- Electrical experience: 5 years (Required)
- PLC: 5 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place