The Job Developer is a dynamic self-motivated individual able to establish and maintain relationships with business stakeholders from a variety of industries. The Job Developer supports business to secure the talent of persons with disabilities.
The main accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
Job Development and Employer Support:
- Proactively outreach to business owners in the community to obtain meaningful work opportunities for our talent base, leading to job retention.
- This involves techniques such as "cold-calling" prospective employers and securing in person meetings to secure job opportunities and understand businesses' hiring needs
- Complete detailed Employer Needs Analyses to understand employer’s hiring needs and priorities
- Establish, develop and maintain working relationships with employers, provide support and resources to ensure successful Long-term employment matches
- Facilitate disability and inclusion-based workshops for employers
General Service Delivery:
- Follow up with job seekers and employers to facilitate employment retention after employment has been secured with and without the Wage Subsidy
- Facilitate group trainings addressing workplace expectations, providing industry specific knowledge to support job matching and job maintenance
- Develop relationships with various community agencies, educational institutions, recruitment agencies and professional associations to encourage targeted referrals/applications to the program
- Execution and organization of Business Engagement events
- Creatively source new talent and attract applicants by placing job advertisements, and targeting new audiences and job sites
Who are you:
The Job Developer has a background in sales, recruitment and/or job development. The Job Developer is confident in performing cold calling, employer outreach and can broker meaningful inclusive employment opportunities.
Requirements to be considered for this job:
- Proven track record to achieve or exceed predetermined target results through sales or job development
- 2 years’ sales, recruitment and/or job development experience Relevant Post-Secondary degree or diploma
- Creative, organized, innovative and enthusiastic with the ability to work independently and in a team setting to achieve results
- Ability to work variable hours when required
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Proven experience with return to work services for job seekers with disabilities preferred
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume in one document, clearly indicating how they qualify for the role. Please quote Job #35.19
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCRW is committed to workplace inclusion. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation at any point in the application process for this position, please email us.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $44,720.00 to $50,440.00 /year
- sales or job development: 2 years (Preferred)