Valor Hospitality is a leading hotel management company that is a trend setter in the hospitality market. The company is recognized by owners, investors, developers, and guests as an innovative partner to drive revenue and increase profits.
Unpack and stay a while at Crowne Plaza Greenbelt, MD. While our hotel is near College Park it boasts a convenient location close to Xfinity Center, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center and University of Maryland and we offer comfort and convenience after an adventurous day.
Room Attendants clean and prepare guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- · Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- · Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times.
- · Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- · Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature and stationery that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- · Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- · Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
- · Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled. Lifts mattresses to check for soil or objects between mattresses and under bed.
- · Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
- · Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
- · Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and associates.
- · Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios, phones) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
- · Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property. Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- · Report any missing articles, items requiring repair, damage or mechanical problems, safety hazards to the Supervisor.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Experience: No formal experience required for the position.
Skills and Abilities: Constantly pushing loaded supply cart from room to room, carrying tote tray with replacement amenities from department to assigned floor, arranging drapery and replacement linen, carrying dirty linen to laundry chute, operating vacuum. Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place