Please read before beginning your employment application.
ADP Workforce Now® will only access the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
Firefox® 45 and higher
Chrome™ 50.0 and higher
If you are experiencing issues with ADP Workforce Now®, you may need to add the ADP Portal to your browser's compatibility settings so that the website will display correctly. Applications will only be accepted online, except for reasonable accommodations required under the ADA. If you have any problems completing your application, or for ADA questions or accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at 605.394.6400.
RESPEC, a nationally recognized consulting and services company headquartered in Rapid City, South Dakota, has an opening for an energetic and highly motivated Technical Editor. With a passion for nitty-gritty details, clarity, and consistency, our Technical Editing team supports more than 300 scientists and engineers by strengthening and polishing a multitude of documents. We collaborate with authors to produce high-quality materials such as reports, manuals, and letters for clients; proposals for business development; and newsletters, style standards, and procedures for internal purposes. We are committed to internal client service, poised under the pressure of deadlines, and have a positive flexible attitude.
Technical editing and proofreading for proper grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation are fundamental to the position. An eye for detail to consistently apply corporate standards is required. The team member must thrive in a fast-paced environment that values creativity, collaboration, and strong work ethic. The ability to prioritize projects, multitask, and stick to deadlines while maintaining a high level of professionalism is essential.
If you love reading, can navigate through Microsoft Word in your sleep, and are enticed by a challenge, apply for our Technical Editor position.
Bachelor’s degree in English, writing/composition, English education or related topic and 3 years of experience in a documentation environment (such as an engineering or legal field) is preferred. Minimum qualification includes coursework in technical editing or technical communication and 5 years of experience.
- High proficiency in punctuation, spelling, grammatical usage, and proofreading; thorough understanding of written sentences and paragraph structures.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, including formatting, creating table of contents, and using advanced Word features (i.e., creating styles and templates, headers and footers, and using the track changes function).
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and the MS Office Suite.
- Skilled at planning and laying out a variety of complex or technical material and preparing a well-arranged final copy within production deadlines.
- Keen awareness of document management with the ability to consistently file documents for easy retrieval.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, execute requests in a timely manner, and meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently or under only general direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and under strict guidelines.
- Full-time position involving 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Employee must be flexible in accordance with required completion of work (possible overtime) depending on workload and deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees in multiple offices and among team members.
Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period. Wage will be commensurate with education and experience.
RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which includes equal pay for men and women. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.