LASER/BRAKE PRESS PROGRAMMER MATERIAL HANDLER
Summary: Create programs for multiple laser cutting machines and press brakes
- Creation of nested 2D programs for execution at both CO2 and fiber lasers
- Creation of fully integrated press brake programs including the definition of tooling used and bend order
- Aid in the process of sheet stock management and material traceability
- Provide support to Estimating through samples nests and processing estimates
- Work with cross-discipline teams to reduce costs and improve services
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Forwards order to Order Entry or inputs order and reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years programming experience in Cadman B & L or similar software
- A minimum of five years’ experience in sheet metal fabrication. Laser cutting and press brake forming.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Project management skills that allow for timely completion of tasks and projects in a fast paced working environment
- ERP knowledge a plus
- Inventory proficient
- MS Office proficient
- Industry reputation of high quality production services while maintaining industry-leading on time delivery
- Ongoing job training provided
- Collaborative team building and creative problem solving culture
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare benefits including company paid short term disability and life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation
- Great company culture!
- CNC Programming 2+ years (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Programming: 2 years (Preferred)