Responsible for machine standardization, launch, troubleshooting, maintaining and improvement of highly automated controls, robotic and welding systems. This is often accomplished in demanding situations with tight deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
- Development, testing and improvement of current machine standards.
- As needed design and program PLC, HMI, robots and other types of electronic or electrical manufacturing equipment.
- Provide support for installation, controls issues and wiring upgrades on equipment, companywide. Assist in and occasionally lead in the trouble shooting of malfunctioning equipment.
- Continuous improvement activities such as cycle time reduction, standardization of existing equipment and incorporation of error proofing strategies.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Design skills: Able to designing and creating prints
- Electrical knowledge: Install hardware and wiring,
- Technical Skills: Program and debug of automated robotic welding, sealing, fastening and assembly systems.
- Able to program Panel View (HMI) and PLC.
- Creative Thinking: Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to Detail: Able to manage project details to ensure perfect quality in work output.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork Skills: Able to work collaboratively with different team members and different levels of the organization (internal and external)
- Computer Modeling: Able to utilize computer aided modeling to ensure that workout meets the needs of the customer (internal and external)
- Has high standards of performance for self. Takes responsibility for actions, results, and mistakes. Is thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks; demonstrates honesty and integrity in all aspects of work.
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress. Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Uses feedback from others to continuously improve performance and work relationships.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow. Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of internal and external customers.
- Has necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform all aspects of job; rotates through all job responsibilities. Maintains knowledge and skills to perform job effectively.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as learning opportunity.
- Looks for good in others; works collaboratively with others; shares information and knowledge.
- Is at work when scheduled and ensures coverage when absent; takes timely breaks/lunches; uses time wisely.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Frequent exposure to noise, fumes, dirt, heat, sparks, and smoke
- May also be exposed to water, vibration, dust, grease, and oil
- Frequently loads, unloads, lifts/moves, pulls/pushes, and/or positions products and materials, weighing up to 40 pounds, occasionally weighing more (assistance given with heaving objects by work partner [s], through work center
- Frequently walks, bends, twists, turns, and lifts while performing functions of position
- Moderate-sized equipment used around work area
- Possible cuts, scrapes, burns or bruises
- Eye protection required; hearing protection required; cut resistant arm guards required; cut resistant gloves required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience with PLC & HMI programming.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Rockwell software and AB CompactLogix, GuardLogix, panelview plus platforms.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other engineering discipline.
- System integration experience of 2-3 years is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $64,330.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location