Come join our Team and become a shining star in Guest Services at The Beautiful SpringHill Suites by Marriott at University Lake!
Oversees the upkeep, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the entire hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs.
- Conducts walk-through to visually and physically assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems, and any other related equipment.
- Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects to public and back of house areas.
- Hires, trains, supervises, allocates personnel, communicates departmental/individual job goals and criteria's of job performance, appraises, and if necessary disciplines department staff.
- Informs General Manager and hotel department heads, on a regular basis, regarding the specific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent and cost-effective proposals for maintaining the same. Accesses and inputs information into a computer and generate reports.
- Adheres to all Corporate required budgets, purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, and schedules.
- Maintains and documents effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components and devices, HVAC systems, boilers, mechanical systems and the maintenance and repair of all.
- Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
- Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with Property Operations.
- Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals and products relating to the department.
- Excellent ability to communicate in the English language, both verbally and written.
- Ability to remain informed on state-of-the-art developments effecting the safe and effective operation of the building facility.
Minimum one year experience in engineering management/ Supervisor position.
Benefits for FT Associates:
* Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
* Life Insurance
* Paid personal time off
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Leadership and Management Training Programs
* 401K Retirement Plan
* A PATH for your future!
* Discounted room rates
* A FUN PLACE TO WORK
* Access to voluntary benefits, including discount in pet insurance, cell phones, Travel
& Entertainment and Health & Wellness programs.
SpringHill Suites 4050 University Lake Drive, Anchorage, AK 99503
JL Hospitality Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. JL Hospitality Management, LLC does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering management/ Supervisor position: 1 year (Required)
- HVAC systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- boilers, mechanical systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- electrical systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)