Navatek LLC is a diversified engineering research firm supporting the U.S. Department of Defense and other federal organizations. Founded in 1979 and operating out of offices in Honolulu, Hawaii; South Kingstown, Rhode Island; Portland and Bangor, Maine; Arlington, Virginia; Columbia, South Carolina; Stillwater, Oklahoma; and Ann Arbor, Michigan, Navatek supports military and industrial customers through research and development of emerging technologies and systems. Navatek is seeking a Senior Software Developer to work on a range of exciting Department of Defense research and design challenges. This position is an opportunity to join a group of talented engineers growing to fill the needs of the Department of Defense. This opportunity is located at the Portland, Maine office.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field, and 8+ years of experience in software development and management of software tools for engineering applications. Must be willing to work on software tools applicable to a range of projects including basic and applied research, ships, submarines, autonomous vehicles, and systems. Candidate should be able to thrive in a research environment – identify gaps in software technology and identify functionality, features, and direction for software to meeting internal and customer needs. Management and development of existing development experience a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Design, development, programming, debugging, and testing of software tools for engineering and data science applications.
- Implementation of new methods within engineering software tools; conduct testing and document results.
- Document work and activities, prepare and present technical analyses and results, support project and program processes including reviews with the customer.
- Support of prototype testing and demonstration.
- Design and engineering of software tools to support prototype systems for the Department of Defense.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other equivalent discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years’ experience with focus on software tools supporting engineering applications.
- CAD tool design and implementation experience considered a plus.
- Software development experience using C++, Qt, VTK
- Experience with US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and/or Air Force a plus.
- Solid foundation in mechanics.
- Expert-level programming skill in C++, Python.
- Expert-level user of Git, CMake, Linux.
- High-performance computing and/or edge computing.
- Exposure to data science topics including ML/AI a strong plus.
- Clear technical writing and communication.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
- Must show proof of work eligibility in the United States.
- Good attitude; must be a team player, but also efficient working individually.
- Possess the interest and flexibility to be involved with interdisciplinary engineering tasks.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and possess time management skills to meet deadlines.