2-Way Radio Technician
Rocky Mountain Communication Systems (RMCS) in Casper, WY has an immediate opening for an experience 2-Way Radio Technician to expand our efforts in the fast paced and growing business. This is a full-time Casper, WY position. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, be a self-starter, be reliable, demonstrate a desire to learn and is capable of adapting quickly across job functions and responsibilities. Projects include programming Harris and Tait 2-way radios, commissioning, maintenance, trouble-shooting all areas of 2-Way Radio Communications for Public Safety Agencies and Oil and Gas Companies. Experience with PTP and PTMP radios is a plus. We are looking for a candidate that wants to grow and advance within our business.
Ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Perform programming, installation, inspection, maintenance and commissioning of complete 2-way radio systems and subscriber units.
- Computer familiarity
- Networking experience
- Knowledge and experience with RF Instrumentation
- Additional experience in PTP and PTMP programming and protocols is beneficial
- Will be required to work alone with minimal supervision
- Be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to other RMCS employees as well as RMCS customer/clients
At least 2 years experience programming 2-way radio systems as a Technician or Field Engineer is required.
Competitive compensation based upon experience level and capabilities. RMCS provides a competitive benefit package including health insurance, 401K matching plan, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
RMCS provides ongoing hands-on equipment training and personal development plans
RMCS is a premier Oil, Gas and Public Safety Communications provider. RMCS strives to provide a complete solution to meet all our customers' microwave, ethernet, PTP, PTMP and 2-way communications needs. Founded in 2002, RMCS has rapidly grown providing services in North Dakota, South Dakota,Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. The deep talent of our team combines technical expertise with a wide variety of product and services to solve some of our customers' most demanding challenges. RMCS is looking for dedicated employees. We pride ourselves on being a safe, ethical, and customer focused organization. We work with our employees to help them achieve their professional goals by providing them with challenging and meaningful work in an environment where they will continuously learn. We are a rapidly growing organization with endless potential for career growth.
- 2 years (minimum required) 2-Way Radio Technician with experience in PTP, PTMP and SCADA Communications is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma