Join a company that started in Moncton but has grown worldwide over the past ten years. GLLS projects span the globe, with projects that consist of high-profile facade lighting, architectural lighting, entertainment lighting, signage, and stadium lighting. We work closely with all members of the design and construction teams, including lighting designers, architects, electrical engineers, interior designers, landscape architects, electrical distributors, and electrical contractors.
If you are looking for a fast-paced, fun position that lets you work on exciting projects all over the world, GLLS could be your chance. Our Lighting Applications Specialist role needs people just like you.
Check out our client showcase https://glls.com/client-showcase/
The successful candidate will provide design and technical support for our diverse customer base as well as our sales team. The individual will work with project drawings, AutoCAD, AGI, and other tools to provide lighting, electrical, and component layouts.
- Assisting design consultants with their lighting designs
- Performing and reviewing calculations with AGI software
- Developing lighting layouts
- Working with advanced lighting software for architectural entertainment lighting. DMX, SPI, SACN, ARTNET, RDM
- Preparing lighting proposals and budget quotations
- Performing site audits
- Verifying specifications
- Assisting our inside team with Project Management
- Analyzing and sharing new product data
- Use CRM to manage clients and cases. (CRM experience an asset)
- Reviewing and assisting in revisions of technical product documentation
- Answer technical questions and problem solve with customers by email, telephone, live chat, and on project sites.
- Assist with warranties and testing products to find the cause of failure.
- You will be working with advanced lighting design systems used for architectural lighting entertainment.
- Assist with ETL, UL, and CSA light fixture safety ratings.
- Experience in lighting and electrical design
- AutoCAD experience
- Familiarity with Lighting Design codes and requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team
- Positive attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in English is a must
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- design: 3 years (Preferred)
- lighting industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)