The Associate Engineer Desktop Support provides technical support to all Aston Hotels & Resorts / Aqua Hospitality employees and properties. The Associate Engineer Desktop Support manages requests via the help desk request system. Responsible for support of hardware and software applications in line with company requirements and standards. The ability to manage time well and escalate issues as needed. See issue resolution all the way through and then follow up after with teammate to ensure the issue has been resolved. Track all time, issue resolution and project support.
- The Associate Engineer Desktop Support reports to the ITS Support Manager
- Can identify and initiate corrective action on user hardware, software, and network impairments.
- Understands hardware, software, and network concepts
- Able to perform diagnostics and maintenance repairs.
- Provides guidance on complex problems.
- Provides On-call support as required.
- Ensure all PCI, Security and Network Corporate Policies and Procedures are followed
- Update Help Desk tickets with information on tasks performed and resolution. • Track time on projects, incidents, and reporting • Maintains department documentation.
- Travel to properties to support as needed
- Follow up with staff on resolution of issue and track follow up.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Specific Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience and at least one technology industry certification preferred.
- 2 or more years’ experience in a related computer field. Minimum of 1 year experience troubleshooting PCs and peripheral equipment.
- Driver’s License, Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support
- Must be able to Travel by vehicles and/or airplanes as necessary.
- Must have vehicle that can be used to travel to properties to support end users.
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Additional physical and visual requirements:
- Identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent sitting
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk extended distances
- Lift/carry up to 5 lbs.
- Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
- Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
- Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
- Reach hands and arms in any direction
- Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
- Work in normal office conditions near others
- Near moving or mechanical parts
- Work in cramped or confined space(s)
- Dusty conditions
- Near loud noises
- In areas of strong vibration
- Other: Work in air condition and/or non-air condition areas