The incumbent to this position will serve as an Operational Readiness Test System (ORTS) Engineer in our Norfolk, Virginia shipyard location.
- Responsible for ensuring ORTS equipment and related interfaces are operational and available
- Knowledge of equipment suites, setup configurations, equipment interfaces, and identification of proper data extraction requirements to support testing
- Familiarity with procedures used to diagnose and alter hardware and software configurations
- Understanding of hardware, test programs, and test procedures
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, or equivalent years of related experience
- Familiarity with the Operational Readiness Test System (ORTS)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel out to sea on a surface ship for up to 30 days at a time
- Ability to work in a loud environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to attain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Aegis Combat System experience
- Navy background
In-Depth Engineering provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a Safe Harbor 401(k) program, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), STD, LTD, life insurance, and tuition assistance for higher education. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, or handicap. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.