Are you ready to come work for a World-Class organization?
Hawk Ridge Systems is a worldwide leader in providing SOLIDWORKS Solutions in the 3D engineering software market. Hawk Ridge Systems is a value-added reseller (VAR) of engineering design and manufacturing solutions such as SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD, CAMWorks manufacturing software and 3D Printing solutions. Our vision is to bring engineering design and product realization solutions to our customers that can radically change the way they do business.
Due to our phenomenal growth, we are looking to add an Applications Engineer to our Mt View, CA team.
If your background matches the specific experience & qualifications we are looking for, we would love to have you apply and be considered for this position.
This is a technical position for degreed Mechanical / Product Design and Mechanical Engineering Design diploma applicants. Applicants should have Computer Aided Design (CAD) and/or solid modeling familiarity as well as actual design work experience, but recent graduates will be considered.
Hawk Ridge Systems Application Engineers become experts with SOLIDWORKS products; demonstrating, instructing, implementing, and supporting a wide range of customers from many industries in the use of 3D CAD, Product Data Management (PDM), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), and related design tools. They also gain many SOLIDWORKS Certifications along the way. This position will have an emphasis on SOLIDWORKS CAD skills to begin with, leading into SOLIDWORKS CAM, SOLIDWORKS Electrical, SOLIDWORKS PDM, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation at a later time.
We provide exciting career path possibilities that range from training customers to performing complex FEA simulations on customer designs. Our offices span the west coast of North America and across Canada. Our customers include some of the biggest names in the tech sector.
- Provide SOLIDWORKS product demonstrations to potential customers and clients.
- Instruct a wide range of SOLIDWORKS CAD courses from fundamental to advanced topics.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in SOLIDWORKS software and related applications.
- Provide pre and post-sales support to customers.
- Work closely with the sales team to access and nurture sales opportunities.
- Provide post-sales implementation support for SOLIDWORKS products.
- Participate in pre-sales activities including customer calls, on-site visits, strategic planning, etcetera.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree or Mechanical Design Diploma
- 2 to 5 years Mechanical Design or Manufacturing industry experience. Recent graduates considered
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- In-depth experience with 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) solid modeling software. SOLIDWORKS preferred
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Operating Systems, MS Office products and related hardware devices
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks
- Excellent problem definition and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver's license & clean driving record
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) software
- Experience with CAD-based PDM software such as SOLIDWORKS PDM, DBWorks, Windchill, Teamcenter, etc.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, networking and Internet services
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Server
- Experience with PLM, MRP, ERP systems
- Programming experience (Visual Basic, .NET, etc.)
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Retirement investment plus match
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid long term disability insurance
- Paid holidays + your birthday off
- Paid volunteer time
- Annual company retreat
We are an equal opportunity workplace. We don't just accept differences, we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customer service, and our community. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard for any characteristics protected by law and all decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.
Have questions? Email us! Hr@hawkridgesys.com
Please- no calls, recruiters or third parties about this opportunity.