Struers, the world's leading manufacturer of material-testing equipment and consumables, is looking for a Field Service Engineer to service our customers and drive service success in the Midwest US. This remote position offers a company-owned vehicle, day shift only, a 5-day work week (home on weekends), ability to earn overtime after 37.5 hours, vacation time, sick time and much more.
Primary duties include providing onsite customer service, maintenance, calibration, warranty and break-fix repairs for our precision materialographic sample preparation and analysis equipment. Customers include fortune 500 companies in the automotive, electronics, telecom and aerospace industries.
Work from your home office, with support services, training and appointment scheduling from our US headquarters in Westlake OH. Be part of a team of 10 service engineers, in the field and in the Headquarters; participate in annual training and regular communication with team members to share technical expertise. Territory includes IL, MN, WI, IA, NE, MO, and IN. Some national and internationally travel will be required.
To the qualified candidate we offer:
- Competitive salary consisting of base plus overtime.
- Generous benefits package including 401k with company match immediately vested, health insurance, life & AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- 15 Vacation Days annually, sick time, volunteer time, floating and birthday holidays
- Home office
- Company laptop computer and smart phone
- Company van, tools and inventory
- Stable, profitable company that has been in business for more than 140 years
- Training at our Westlake, Ohio office
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel weekly, visiting customer sites throughout designated territory
- Perform factory-level installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades, calibration and preventive maintenance on Struers mechanical, electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Provide professional factory-level customer support by phone, email, letters, etc. to customers in your region and coverage for other areas as scheduled
- Promote new Preventive Maintenance Contracts, Spare Part, Consumable & Equipment sales
- Maintain accurate internal paperwork and customer database information and documentation of customer visits
- Maintain proper levels of van’s spare parts stock
- AE or equivalent certificate in electronic technology from an accredited technical school (or equivalent experience in military)
- 2-3 years of field service work experience, focused on electromechanical equipment
- Electronic trouble-shooting skills, knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics, and a strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret Electronic Schematics and Wiring Diagrams, and Pneumatic and Hydraulic Diagrams
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building
- Proficiency in MS Windows, MS Outlook and MS Office software suites
- The ability to lift and transport up to 80 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Home office
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply