Information about #20439 Systems Engineer
GOJO Plaza, Akron, OH
Engineer responsible for supply chain systems implementation, configuration, application maintenance, and integration. Acts as system owner for the implementation of supply chain systems. Role includes system administration of new and established systems. Systems may include MES, LIMS, WMS, and WCS. Works with Controls Engineering and SAP Center of Excellence on supply chain related capability upgrades. Assist in the development of functional specifications for network, data management and applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Acts as lead or backup system administrator for new and existing supply chain systems.
- Troubleshoots system failures / lack of performance and defines approach for resolving problems / performance issues:
Develop methodology to identify failure modes and define solutions
Ability to develop / acquire and utilize troubleshooting tools
Manages and coordinates implementation of system remedies / upgrades with other technical disciplines and operational groups
- Documents projects, systems changes and/or process modifications, and assures documentation required by cGMP/FDA compliance is maintained in master validation files.
- In the event of an outage or an anomaly the system owner will work with the required resources to make any corrective actions necessary.
- Manages optimization and new system projects to completion including the coordination of multiple technical disciplines.
- Practices project management skills during all phases of a project from conception to completion.
- Works with outside contractors to install systems and processes that meet or support GOJO Supply Chain initiatives.
- Engages with systems vendors on an ongoing basis to plan system updates and participates in user forums and training when applicable.
- Provides technical advice, training and mentoring for peers, subordinates, and superiors.
- Works with the IT App Analyst and Process Owners to fulfill change request, and scheduling of system maintenance. Ability to encapsulate knowledge of systems to understand effects of system downtime/maintenance due to proposed change.
- Transfers new technology through the development and use of training materials, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Participates in design and implementation teams to ensure the technical requirements of the system are met.
- Leads the user acceptance testing, and authors and executes required validation protocols
- Database knowledge regarding SQL and Oracle, ability to understand table structures and how back end data structures intertwine with front end GUIs for systems.
- Understanding of Industrial Controls and Automation Engineering in a FDA & EPA regulated environment(s).
- Understanding of ERP Systems and their integration into Level 1, 2, 3, and 4 system(s).
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge of programming languages a plus
Supervision as required of contract personnel and GOJO personnel in maintenance, and various Plant and Supply Chain personnel.
Overnight Travel - sporadic - required.