Boardwalk Pipelines, LP primarily provides transportation and storage of natural gas and liquids for our customers. Additional information about the Partnership can be found online at www.bwpipelines.com.
We are currently looking for a System Planning Engineer for our Owensboro, KY office.
In this role, you will use pipeline simulation tools to determine incremental facility designs for Boardwalk Pipelines. You will also develop, request, and review cost estimates for incremental facilities, provide support for FERC filings associated with our new facilities or services, and determine and approve firm pipeline capacity. In addition, you will evaluate firm capacity impact of scheduled and unscheduled facility outages, review feasibility of operational improvements in conjunction with proposed expansions, and provide direct assistance with maintenance planning, including direct operational support to Gas Control management.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong technical aptitude and computer skills
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Fundamental understanding of fluid mechanics
- Good interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative environment
- Effective communication skills to interact cross functionally
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable technical field
- Facility planning experience with functional knowledge of computer based gas pipeline simulation
- Industry experience in natural gas or a related energy field
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.