Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
We are looking for a talented individual to join our dynamic Keystone Manufacturing team located in Kalamazoo, MI. The Supplier Quality Engineer is in charge of reviewing and assessing manufacturing procedures, typically by visiting vendor facilities and observing their manufacturing environment. These visits may occur as part of the supplier selection process, or after the Keystone has established a relationship with a vendor.
The successful candidate must be capable of working with minimal supervision, have a “can do” attitude and be willing to do “whatever it takes” to complete assigned tasks efficiently and effectively. This candidate must have great attention to detail and be highly organized with the ability to multi task with minimum interruption to work progress. Excellent interpersonal skills while working with high customer visibility are also critical to success in this opportunity.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will build rapport with suppliers ensuring quality standards and efficiency in testing systems are met in the manufacturing facility. Knowledgeable of industry and governmental quality regulations.
- Develop and maintain the supplier quality relationship, build supplier scorecards, and plan for supplier improvement.
- Support Engineering and Purchasing in the evaluation and qualification of new suppliers/new or revised components.
- Manage supplier quality issues by leading implementation and execution of the problem-solving process to identify problems, root causes and implement effective and sustainable corrective actions.
- Maintain supplier audit program and re-evaluation schedule.
- Establish specific short- and long-term supplier quality goals.
- Champion problem-solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of nonconforming product.
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to prevent delivery interruptions.
- Work with suppliers to ensure their process controls and quality inspections meets Keystone requirements prior to qualification.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality or Engineering related field.
- 3 years’ experience in quality, supply chain, or engineering related field.
- Previous medical device or a regulated industry is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and blue print/GD&T reading skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks with dynamic priorities.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to serve as liaison suppliers and prepare quality assurance reports.
- Decision-making ability coupled with supervisory and leadership skills.
- Experience in new product development / processes.
- Proficient in understanding of Med Device manufacturing processes desirable.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485, QSR, GDP, GMP desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Quality Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
- quality, supply chain, or engineering related field: 3 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page: