Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Herndon, VA?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Cyber is an essential element of Space’s strategy for growth as these skillsets have become essential to meeting customer and internal needs. In support of new programs, our Cyber Exploitation teams are building capabilities and specialized tools and techniques. We are increasing focus and emphasis on our customer’s hardest problems, including challenges unique to the of cyber security tools and integrated effects.
Are you an accomplished Data Engineer? This dynamic Data Engineer position is responsible for hands-on software engineering, , and scientific problem solving. The Engineer is charged with the documentation and of procedures in the delivery of a software solution. This position participates in all aspects of a dynamic team focused on software and data engineer ; including, time and cost estimates of software , proper implementation, adherence to software coding and documentation standards, and alternative design solutions.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Minimum of 5 years of experience (within the last 10 years) in data engineering
Demonstrated experience in Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) data engineering
Demonstrated experience with REST APIs
Demonstrated experience in building data models and analytics to support mission needs
Demonstrated experience in RESTful protocols, SOAP, RSS and other publishing mechanisms.
Demonstrated experience with Java
- Demonstrated experience developing Android applications
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing and maintain applications within AWS/Sponsor cloud computing services
- Working knowledge of GIS software to include Google Maps and Google Earth
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Software -Development and Software Integration best practices
- Demonstrated experience working with Information Security (INFOSEC) and Information Assurance (IA) policies such as ICD503 to ensure systems security and data integrity
- Demonstrated experience deploying the complete DevOps lifecycle including integration of build pipelines, automated deployments, and compliance scanning using test driven development
- The ability to lead and take on systems engineering responsibilities and drive new requirements for better enhancements to the system
- Excellent communications skills. Interaction with customer and user's a must
- Design acumen, best practices
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or other related scientific or technical discipline
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.