Job will be performed in Sarnia Ontario HQ
What does a systems engineer do?
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft based environments.
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining Windows Server Infrastructure
- Experience deploying and maintaining firewalls and network equipment on an enterprise level
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)