Job Title: Mechanical Pre-Construction Cost Engineer/Estimator
Education: Bachelor Degree in Eng or Construction Mgmt or Equivalent Work Experience Experience: Min 5 years
1) Reviews design and bidding documents to prepare quantity surveys of material and equipment. Estimates costs of manpower and material needs, prepare proposals, and establish completion dates based on an analysis of project technical requirements.
2) Solicits and evaluates vendor and contractor pricing in preparation for a complete project estimate. Collects and analyzes all project costs, including raw materials, labor, equipment, and tools to ensure estimates are accurate. Prepares and analyzes bid documents from subcontractors and vendors.
3)Transitions project to the construction phase and collaborates with the Project Manager on procurement strategies scheduling and planning.
4)Reviews design options and recommends the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
5) Capable of prioritizing multiple bids concurrently and possess the ability to complete estimates with accurate time and budget projections. Self-directed and self-motivated.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Industrial Construction Estimating: 4 years (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place