Designs various types of injection mold tools using Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Assists with creating tool designs per customer specifications and department standards; ensures high quality and accuracy of designs.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of injection mold types and their structures; manages low complexity projects (i.e. conventional open/close flat parting lines, 1-4 cavity, prototypes, low tolerance products, etc.).
- Gains understanding of department software(s) and utilizes effectively for tooling models and/or prints.
- Manages and maintains demanding timeline requirements to meet required delivery dates.
- Assists with creating and interpreting 2-D prints; correctly applies dimensioning and tolerance.
- Assists with performing tolerance analysis and dimensional checks of designs.
- May communicate with internal and external customers depending on need.
- Assists with selecting and ordering basic mold components and/or hot runner systems.
- May assist in the troubleshooting and modification elements to resolve design issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or Mechanical Engineering and 0-2 years mold design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and 4 years as an experienced Tool Maker plus 1 year mold design experience.
- Basic knowledge of Mold Flow software; experience running and creating mold flow reports a plus.
- Experience with Computer Aided Machining (CAM) programming for toolpath and Autodesk PowerMill a plus.
- Familiar with Computer Aided Design (CAD) solid modeling system; experience with NX CAD a plus.
- Must be familiar with a wide variety of molding concepts, injection molding presses and injection molding processes, practices, and procedures.
- Must be familiar with standard tooling concepts, practices and procedures.
- Requires injection mold design experience with the ability to utilize Auto Desk Mold Flow, and NX a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and contribute to TMD success.
- May have to work overtime and may be assigned to other shifts based on company needs.
About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc. located in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon’s office and consumer products. Our innovative and efficient production methods along with our environmental commitment make us a leading global manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985, Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services. It is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits administration and participation in company sponsored employee activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices will conform to all federal, state and local laws on non-discrimination. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm