TIAG is now hiring a Junior Software Test Engineer to join our team in Charleston, SC supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC).
As a team member in our Mount Pleasant location, you have the option to work from home two days a week through our hybrid work model. When you're in the office, take a break in any of our lounge areas to enjoy the coffee, variety of snacks, and gorgeous views of Charleston harbor and the Ravenel bridge. We are geared towards having a collaborative team culture while ensuring a safe and effective work environment.
- Conduct analysis of output data and provide results and recommendations
- Independently assess system performance against stated requirements
- Analyze internal security within system enhancements
- Serve as subject matter specialist providing testing know-how for the support of user requirements of complex to highly complex software applications
- Review test results and evaluate for conformance to design
- Interact directly with the business community to clarify requirements
- Prepare test documentation including test plans, test procedures, test results, and test readiness review presentations
- Assist with other project documentation including requirements specification document, design documents, interface control document, user manuals, and operations and maintenance manuals
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 years of experience as an Software Tester or Technical Support Specialist
- Ability to work independently while maintaining appropriate communications about progress and issues
- Positive attitude, desire to contribute to the success of a growing organization
- Ability to analyze complex programmatic information and provide workable solutions to help minimize project risks.
- General understanding of the software development lifecycle for projects
- Ability to manage scope as it pertains to areas of responsibility
- Ability to identify and document risks, opportunities and efficiencies related to
- Ability to manage time well to meet assigned milestones
- Experience working with distributed teams
TIAG is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. TIAG's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, TIAG maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire, and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations