NC Programming Job Description
Tech Manufacturing is looking for an NC Programmer for 5-Axis aerospace structural components. This role includes tool design, program creation, verification, and shop floor documentation. Programmers will work with Engineering, Planning, Production, and Quality to develop approaches and provide follow up support for continuous improvement.
We are a respected aerospace industry supplier with over 60 years of experience providing machined aircraft parts to Boeing, Lockheed, and others. Tech occupies a fully heated and air conditioned 38,000 square foot building in a modern industrial park on the east side of Wright City, Missouri. If you want to know more about us, see Modern Machine articles at:
- Develop tool path strategies and approaches for producing complex 5-Axis aluminum and hard metal parts.
- Create part programs in Siemens NX. Work to standardized tooling processes and parameters.
- Coordinate with engineering and shop floor on existing fixture/tool designs or create new concepts and provide detail models and drawings as required for fabrication.
- Verify tool path in Vericut. Perform full machine simulation to minimize shop floor incidents and maximize program performance.
- Create tool lists, setup sheets and other documentation required for programs.
- Support program implementation and provide improvements and updates in a timely manner.
- Support continuous improvement of existing programs to reduce cycle time, rework, or defects.
- Technical degree from an accredited college in machining, engineering, or similar relevant focus.
- Siemens NX and Vericut background with 5-axis components.
- Ability to be self-directed, requiring little supervision.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment.
- Experience with Mastercam.
- Experience with OptiPath.
- Experience with on-machine probing, post building or other related activities.
Company offers 401K, Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance as well as competitive wages.
Job Type: Full-time
- open cdsic validator: 1 year (Preferred)
- sas programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- programming languages e.g. s-plus, r, xml etc.: 1 year (Preferred)
- NC Programming: 3 years (Required)
- pharmaceutical industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- mainframe: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative