Congebec is a Canadian based supplier of multi-temperature storage, distribution and value-added services supporting the food, retail and CPG industry. Committed to food safety, Congebec is a leader in the Canadian marketplace and is ranked 15th in North America. With more than 500 employees and 45 years experience, the company operates 13 modern facilities totaling more than 50 million cubic feet. These facilities are strategically located in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer on a temporary basis for a 6-8 month term, with strong experience to support the Vice President of Engineering in his areas of expertise. The incumbent will be responsible for regional maintenance from the technical point of view, continuous improvement, reliability and preventative maintenance, implementation of the maintenance software and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. S/He will also be responsible for supervising the maintenance of all the warehouses and employees in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
WHY WORK FOR CONGEBEC?
- Competitive salary and benefit plan
- Rapidly expanding company with opportunity for job growth and development
- Career opportunities across Canada
- Dynamic, friendly and stimulating work environment
Working in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams, the incumbent will have the following main responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the groups’ plans and objectives;
- Oversee, supervise and coordinate capital and maintenance projects for the various teams in Western Canada;
- Manage and supervise a team of employees directly on-site and remotely at various locations in Western Canada;
- Assist maintenance supervisors, as may be needed, with more complex problems that are technical in nature;
- Oversee the budget planning as well as expenditure control (OPEX and CAPEX);
- Implement and enhance effective and efficient preventive maintenance programs and schedules;
- Manage and oversee the purchasing of required parts, tools, materials, as well as all work orders;
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, standards and regulations in the warehouses (SST, BRC standards, HACCP, etc.)
- Implement and monitor the company maintenance software program;
- Perform the tasks assigned by the Vice-President of Engineering;
- Travel to the various sites, as may be required.
TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree (Mechanical). A combination of relevant education, training and experience may be considered;
- Minimum 4 to 8 years of experience in maintenance management, including (but not limited to) parts/tools/materials purchasing, work orders, preventative maintenance planning/scheduling and use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Experience leading and coordinating continuous improvement and multidisciplinary projects involving diverse groups of external and internal stakeholders;
- Experience managing, leading and supervising staff;
- Experience with budget preparation, financial management, reporting and financial practices (OPEX and CAPEX).
- Strong supervisory skills with the ability to provide leadership and vision to the maintenance division.
- Ability to develop strong teams while managing employees at multiple sites.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write and verbally communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish priorities among competing demands in order to organize and manage multiple projects/activities effectively and efficiently, while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to pay attention to detail to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of work.
- Knowledge of procedures, quality standards, laws and regulations such as SST, BRC standards, HACCP, etc. is essential.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite and relational databases.
- Knowledge of refrigeration is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the CMMS program Guide TI (GTI) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of project management principles and their practical application is considered an asset.
HIRING REQUIREMENTS (Conditions of Employment)
- Member of the Engineers Geoscientists of Manitoba (EGM), in good standing.
- Must be able to travel to Saskatoon and Calgary.
- Work from home opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- management: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19