Class “A” Office Building
Preeminent Engineering Services Provider is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Building Engineer for a Class A Office Building. This position requires an individual who is a dynamic leader, a self-starter, a team player, and has excellent people and communication skills.
The Building Engineer position requires a minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a Building Engineer in a Life Science Environment. The candidate must have prior knowledge working with CMMS, HVAC, Pumps, Package Units, Auto-Claves, High Voltage Switchgear, Generators, Controls, Boilers, BMS/EMS, Lighting, and General Maintenance. Previous Supervisory Experience and knowledge of National and Local Codes, budgeting process, and excellent reporting skills are required. A professional demeanor is mandatory.
The Building Engineer shall assist the Owner/Property Manager of the site and building operations and assist in the management of the facility infrastructure and building systems in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner. This position is expected to self-supervise and direct others who perform engineering, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, repairs, and maintenance duties in support of the facility under the direction of the Property Manager. The Building Engineer under the direction of the Property Manager shall receive their orders from the Assistant Manager, who shall be responsible to the employer for carrying out the orders of management in the operation of the site and building. The Building Engineer’s duties are to operate, monitor, and maintain the design criteria of the buildings operating systems and grounds. The Building Engineer shall be the acting liaison between its manager, and they shall provide the following for their assigned projects:
· Overall safe operation and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and life safety equipment.
· Maintain all life safety, HVAC and operating logs.
· Assist in preparation of the building operations budget and performance within its parameters.
· Assist in preparing annual reporting on emerging technologies for cost or energy saving enhancements and provide in depth consultation services on an as needed basis on equipment or system failures or issues requiring in depth of industry knowledge.
· Assist in preparing, maintain and regularly review logs for repair, service, operation and complaints related to the equipment.
· Provide building owner with copies of engineering daily logs and periodic management reports.
· Supply building owner with recommendations for improvements and increased efficiency in the operation of the equipment.
· Assist the property management with scheduling and coordinating vendors and tenant improvement construction and other various projects as assigned by property management.
· Act as a liaison for tenant service requests.
· Schedule organize and direct work of maintenance
· Responsible for overall cleanliness and repair of all building areas and tools under his responsibility.
· Inventory control of all supplies and tools at property.
· Oversee vendors and attend construction meetings for future tenant improvements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $29.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Commercial Building Maintenance: 5 years (Required)
- HVAC: 5 years (Required)
- Life Science: 5 years (Preferred)
- California (Required)
- Universal EPA (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible