Raven Aerostar is a world leader in stratospheric and situational awareness technologies. Committed to rapid innovation of highly technical and groundbreaking technology, we design and manufacture products that enhance security and connect the world. We are working on a number of exciting projects — and looking for extraordinary talent to join our team.
Raven Industries is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer with RF experience. Responsibilities include research, design, prototyping and testing subsystems for use on Raven's innovative product lines including stratospheric balloons, radars, and airships.
- Solid understanding of and experience in RF hardware and system design
- Experience and understanding in RF component characteristics and behavior
- Experience in broad range of electrical engineering design skills such as schematic capture, board layout, sensor interfaces, analog conditioning circuits, and digital design.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical reporting, presentation and communication skills.
- Support production, test engineers, and flight operations teams with installation/testing of electrical systems.
- Create and update documentation for new and existing designs
- Work with external customers, distributors, vendors, or suppliers to initiate new designs and solve problems.
- Keep abreast of and suggest applications for new technological developments in the field of electrical engineering.
- May act as lead on projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
- Experienced engineer: 5+ years of career experience with BS in Electrical Engineering. 3+ years of experience with MS/ME in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in design and performance evaluation of communication systems including link budgets, system design, antenna evaluation, integration, testing, and data evaluation is required.
- Experience with MIMO systems highly desirable.
- Proficiency with electrical lab equipment; oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzer, and signal generators required.
- Experience in PCB/PCA ECAD (preferably Altium) design, simulation, manufacturing, and testing preferred.
- Experience working on Radar, EO/IR, SIGINT, RF, and/or Flight Control systems required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members, leadership staff, and customers.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education.
- Provides mentorship by sharing experiences with less experienced engineers.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to government classified information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $76,000.00 to $118,000.00 /year
- Sioux Falls, SD 57104 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan