This position is located in Tallahassee, FL, and relocation assistance is offered.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. (E & E) is seeking a Professional Engineer (P.E.) to support our dedicated contract office in Tallahassee, FL. This position will be embedded at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and will support the Petroleum Restoration Program. Our successful candidate will be responsible for providing engineering and technical assistance for the remediation of petroleum contaminated sites and will be a Florida P.E. with experience in contaminated site remediation.
Benefits: We offer the standard, competitive benefits (health, dental, vision, life, retirement, PTO, etc.)
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection rules and guidelines for petroleum contaminated site cleanup, including Chapters 62-780 and 62-777 of the Florida Administrative Code
- Serve as team P.E. for technical decisions regarding remediation of contaminated sites
- Review Remedial Action Plans and related design documents and provide professional certification as needed.
- Review technical reports submitted by consultants for site remediation
- Prepare technical comment letters and lead project discussions with project managers and contractors
- Review and prepare scope of work documents for remediation of petroleum contamination
- Negotiate costs and scope of work for site remediation
- Monitor progress of site rehabilitation; make recommendations for corrective action and cost efficiencies
- Consult and coordinate with other engineering staff on technical decisions and use of innovative technologies for site remediation
- Perform site visits and field investigations as needed
- Plan and perform technical work requiring judgment and independent evaluation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering or a related discipline
- Licensed Florida P.E. with 7+ years of related experience
- Experience with site remediation design principles and concepts including groundwater recovery and in-situ remediation
- Experience with the FDEP Petroleum Restoration Program and/or innovative site remediation technologies is a plus
- Experience with evaluating costs for site remediation
- Strong analytical data interpretation skills
- Ability to review and prepare technical documents
- Ability to organize and prioritize a complicated workload to meet required deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interface with co-workers, consultants, and regulatory staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Indeed Hire and Ecology and Environment, Inc are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Professional Engineer: 7 years (Required)
- Licensed Florida P.E. (Required)