We’re not like other insurance companies. From our specialty products to our business model, our culture to our results — we’re different. Different is who we are, and how we work, interact, deliver and succeed together. Creating a different and better insurance experience doesn’t just happen. It takes focus and a shared passion for going beyond the expected to forge relationships and deliver care that makes a difference. This approach rises from and is supported by our talented, ethical and smart team of employee owners united around a single purpose: to work alongside our customers and partners when they need us, in unexpected ways, with exceptional results. Apply today to make a difference with us.
Under occasional supervision, responsible for maintaining, processing, and resolving claims within defined authority. Assists in verifying policy limits, deductibles, locations, exclusions, and endorsements. Obtains information regarding each claim through various means and evaluates liability. Monitors claim status for potential exposure opportunities. Reviews coverage matters, analysis, and determinations.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for investigating and negotiating 1st Party Property Commercial claims to resolution. This would include property, business personal property, and business income. This position can be based in our Chicago office or from a remote location.
- Manage and resolve claims, including independently handling mediations and trials.
- Work with and manage vendors including independent adjusters, engineers, building consultants and accountants.
- Complete and settle property claims with insured’s in accordance with recommended best practices guidelines and limits of authority.
- Collaborate with colleagues in a team environment to resolve complex claims issues.
- Willingness to travel for claim handling when appropriate.
Education & Experience
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration, insurance, or a related field and 6 or more years of relevant legal or insurance related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Competencies
- Strong analytical, investigative, and problem resolution skills.
- Proactive approach with initial investigation, claim handling, vendor management, and resolution.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior field experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time