Within the Advanced Manufacturing Department, the Robotic Engineer will participate to the development, standardisation, implementation and support of emerging manufacturing technologies involving robotic in plants.
The Laser engineer will provide the necessary support to accomplish the following deliverables:
· Participate to upgrade robotic systems or improve existing system capabilities and update robotic equipment SRDs throughout the project phases.
· Implement and document equipment standardisation on robotised cells .
· Supervise technicians or other engineers in robotic projects.
· Integrate robots with peripherals, such as welding sources, controllers, vision systems, or other equipment and install, configure, calibrate, and test them through validation and qualification until production launch.
· Design, review and approve automated and robotic systems to be Industry 4.0 compatible.
· Investigate & document mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems (PFMEA) and establish process to back-up robot programs or parameters.
· Establish good practices for robotic operation, programs for maintenance and develop training program or train people as required.
· Design/debug software to control robotic systems and write algorithms or programming code for manufacturing applications and HMI.
· Participate to design of automated tooling or end-of-arm tooling.
· Insure that the robotics installation meet safety regulations according to CSA Z432, CSA Z434, ISO 10218 or according country safety code.
· Participate to business cases, calculations, cost estimates and ROI.
· If existing, be member of a Professional Engineering Order.
· Deliver Project Gate Review Packages.
· All Technical Issues regarding the robotic projects to be addressed and solved.
French and English speaking is mandatory.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Robotics: 4 years (Preferred)