About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. Apeel has developed proprietary formulations and application equipment to process fresh fruits and produce in commercial scale. This processing equipment is installed at customer sites domestically and internationally. We are seeking a Field Engineer to join the growing Field Engineering team. Field Engineering is responsible for all customer-facing engineering tasks which includes, but are not limited to, location scouting, facility preparation to ensure availability of all required interfaces/infrastructure for safe and proper operation of the application systems. The Field Engineer will also supervise installation and commissioning of the equipment. Apeel is looking for someone who can effectively understand the opportunities and challenges for technical success in new environments and facilities and help estimate timeline and cost while working to customize design solutions for specific customers.
What You'll Do
- Lead in the gathering of information and data from agricultural processing facilities and other potential customers
- Lead or assist in the customization, technology selection, or design of systems to support specific customer equipment needs
- Work collaboratively with customer operations, maintenance, and engineering teams to plan the installation, commissioning, and operation of application equipment
- Lead or assist in project and construction management of internal and external engineering, fabrication, and installation teams
- Participate in site acceptance testing (SAT) of all equipment, proper commissioning and transitioning day to operation to Field Technicians.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external fabricators, general contractors, and vendors to ensure equipment is built and installed on time and to Apeel standards
- Lead or assist in the drafting of plant layouts, machine details, process flow diagrams, and fabrication drawings
- Understand and conform to relevant safety standards including but not limited to industrial machines and high voltage equipment
- Maintain preventative maintenance programs including information gathering systems for predictive maintenance and KPI reporting systems for equipment reliability and performance (eg OEE)
What You Bring
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or similar degree
- 3 - 7 Years of experience in a technical field with a preference for those related to field services, agriculture, food & beverage manufacturing, or capital project execution
- Spanish language fluency strongly preferred
- Design, implementation, and project management experience required
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose operational issues
- Experience with electromechanical systems, PLCs, automation, and controls systems
- Experience with utility systems
- Integrity, motivation and teamwork spirit in a startup environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities according to changing requirements
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Up to 50% travel may be required
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.