Keystone Experts and Engineers is looking for a Forensic Structural or Civil Engineer to assist with field inspections on a Part-time/Contract basis. This Professional Engineer will conduct residential and commercial forensic investigations involving: flood damage, wind damage, hail damage, foundation issues, roof damage, and water intrusion to the building envelope.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expert forensic analysis on an array of engineering projects that are residential and commercial structures.
- Must consistently meet or exceed our Client needs.
- Write and submit detailed and accurate scope inspection sheets promptly by Keystone guidelines.
- Meet timeline requirements and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and additional hours during periods of peak business demand.
- Will provide excellent customer service to Customers and Clients.
- Applicants must be an active, registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the state in which they are applying.
- 5+ years of forensic structural investigation experience is required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering field: civil or structural.
- Multiple active state P.E. licenses, especially in surrounding states are highly preferred.
- Must have the ability and readiness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Must be very well organized with the capacity to deliver fast and accurate turnaround times.
- Must be able to handle multiple project workload
- Experience with hands-on engineering such as structural inspections of residential and commercial buildings.
- Must be willing to climb roofs, crawl in tight spaces, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent overall computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have the ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
- Must be willing to work from a remote (typically from the employee’s home) office setting while traveling from the project site to the project site.
- Must be able to meet all standards for a pre-employment physical examination.
Job Type and Category
The hired engineer(s) be working in the forensic engineering industry, performing structural evaluations related to inclement weather and other catastrophic events. This is a contract position, and the amount of work depends on the frequency and extent of damage caused by these events.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $95.00 to $125.00 /hour
- property related, structural engineering: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- A valid PE license (Required)